Friday, April 12, 2013

Different Shades of Blue: Blue Gradient

Hello!

Time for another Different Shades of Blue challenge post!


Originally I was going to do ombre nails...but I realized I don't have enough blue polish of the same tone in different shades! For some reason, I have very few really light or really dark blue polishes!

Instead I did a gradient!

Here is the "in progress" shot. I just LOVE how smooth the gradient came out, so I popped on a matte top coat and took a few photos :)


But that's nowhere near sparkly enough for me! So I added......glitter!




Base is Salley Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in "Choco-Latte". The pink tones in it make it the perfect nude for me!!
I then did the gradient over that with a makeup sponge using Wet N' Wild "I Need a Refresh-Mint".
To do the glitter gradient, I just used the brush bottle from Forever 21's Love and Beauty "Turquoise". 

If you didn't notice yesterday, I've cut all my nails down!! I was getting so tired of the peeling (any suggestions??) and I've noticed a lot less chipping on these than usual! 

Go check out the other amazing bloggers in this challenge!

Cordia from Seriously Swatched
Jessica from Nail Polish Anonymous
Kelly from Peace Love Lacquer
Laura from Little Laura Loves
Nicole from Dipped in Lacquer
Paulina from Paulina’s Passions
Rachael from Rachos Nail Love
Roxana from Beautylicious
Tina from Light of the Moon Nails


6 comments:

  1. Love these theyre so pretty! I like Chocolatte but i cant pull it off with my red prawn fingers haha!

    Have you tried opi nail envy or seche plus for your nails? Or maybe orly nailtrition? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I actually think it looks more like a nude polish on reddish hands! Other nudes look way too tan or yellow on me!

      I haven't tried those...I was using Essie Grow Stronger and a serum from Salley Hansen, but I haven't gotten very good results. Time to do some research! :)

      Delete
  2. Love this :)
    Both the matte version and the version with glitter :)
    Ive been thinking about doing ombre nails too but even though I have loads of nail polish I do not have enough shades in the same family to be able to do an ombre design :D
    You have a really lovely blog btw, Im a new subscriber through GFC and Bloglovin :)
    hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :)And welcome! I'm so happy to interact with new followers!! :)
      I have enough shades in green, purple, and brown, but those are by far the colors I buy the most! It's so difficult to do ombre straight out of the bottle! I think it's because I gravitate towards similar shades in blues, reds, and pinks - I probably have about 5 of almost but not quite the same mint green/mint blue polish!

      Delete