Sunday, September 23, 2012

Birthday Makeup Haul


Hello everyone!

Today I'm venturing out of the nail polish world into Megan's territory! The 24th is my 21st Birthday, and my brother and sister-in-law got me a TON of new makeup! (Most of the credit goes to my sister-in-law, I don't think my brother could tell lipstick from mascara!) They basically bought me a whole new make-up bag worth of stuff and I'm super excited to share all of it with you!



First up, Sonia Kashuk travel brush set. I'm pretty sure you can find this at Target. It includes 8 brushes inside a really nice white case that snaps/locks shut. From left to right, there's a: Blush Brush, Foundation Brush, Mascara/comb, Lip brush, eyeliner brush, crease brush, eyeshadow brush, and a smudge brush. This kit is perfect for me, since I travel so often. I also moved a couple makeup brushes to my nail art kit and have been needing to get new ones! Other awesome fact: the lip liner brush comes apart and you can store the brush inside the handle. Less mess is best!






My sister in law also got me a new mascara and pencil liner! The mascara is L'Oreal Voluminous Original in Black Brown. So far, it's great! The liner is really awesome - L'Oreal Extra Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner. It glides on like a gel liner, with the smoothness of a liquid and the ease of a pencil liner! I'm a little afraid it will be difficult to sharpen, but so far I really like it! When I swatched it on my wrist, it stood up to water well.


Two different eyeshadows! One is a palette from Wet N Wild called Color Icon. The color is 738 - Comfort Zone. The shadows are absolutely wonderful and perfect everyday colors! The most interesting is the bottom right shadow - blue/dark brown duochrome! I've got several shades like this in polish, but this will be my first eyeshadow. I saw a MAC pigment like this a long time ago and am so excited I finally got something similar! All of the shadows are shimmery(with the bottom four bordering on glittery) and have excellent pigment.


On the bottom of this picture is Color Tattoo by Maybelline. The shade I got is 05 Too Cool, a basic metallic white. My sister-in-law said she loves this as a base for shadow because it really does last for ages! It also helps prevent creasing - such a great basic thing to have!


I don't wear blush often (being perpetually red tinged), but I really like the shade I got! It's called Fuchsia Fusion, from E.L.F. It has a subtle shimmer and looks great on! Next to that is a Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Cupcake. This is NOT like a lipstick - it's more a highly pigmented lip balm. It feels great on, super moisturizing and the shade is really nice. I also like the case!



I got a lot of lip products, and I'm most excited for the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable stain balm. The color is Sweetheart/Valentine is a pretty mild pink. I think this is something I could wear everyday and with a ton of different looks. Picking this out was hard, because they have lots of fantastic shades! Behind that is an E.L.F. HyperShine Gloss in Flirt. I've wanted to buy these before but they are perpetually sold out!

Last, but not least, an E.L.F. Matte Lip Color in Nearly Nude. It's not quite a lipstick, but is pretty highly pigmented. I think this will be great to layer under lipgloss and the shade is great for my pale skin!

Hopefully I'll have some looks posted using these products soon! Also stay tuned for a new birthday manicure to be up tomorrow - got a new polish to try out this weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment